TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR I OR II
Fountain Hills Sanitary District is looking for a Plant Operator Grade 1 or 2 with certification from ADEQ and have the ability to obtain and maintain certification to wear a respirator in accordance with OSHA requirements. This is a District safety-sensitive position in accordance with Arizona law. The applicant must possess an AZ driver’s license and have a clean driving record, and be prepared to assist with but not limited to the following duties:
Operate wastewater treatment facilities to control flow and processing of wastewater sludge and effluent; monitor gauges, meters, and control panels, observe variations in operating conditions, interpreting meter and gauge readings and test results to determine processing requirements.
Operate valves and gates; start and stop pumps, engines and electric motors to control and adjust flow and treatment processes; monitor, adjust and troubleshoot as needed plant operational processes utilizing data-driven technology, such as the SCADA system.
Fully utilize the computerized work system in accordance with workflow processes.
Operate treatment plant vehicles and stationary machinery as required.
Weekend, holiday and shift work is required along with employment testing and a background check. The pay range for this position is $18.21-$31.38/hr.
The Sanitary District offers competitive wages and benefits, including health plans, retirement savings plans, paid holidays, and personal time off.
If qualified, please download the full job description and application below. The completed application may be emailed, mailed, or hand-delivered to Fountain Hills Sanitary District, 16941 East Pepperwood Circle, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268. No phone calls, please.
Fountain Hills Sanitary District is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
- Administrative Assistant (Executive) (PDF)
- Administrative Services Manager (PDF)
- Assistant Administrative Services Manager (PDF)
- Assistant District Engineer (PDF)
- Assistant Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations Manager (PDF)
- Collection System Lead Operator (PDF)
- Collection System Operations Manager (PDF)
- Collection System Operator I (PDF)
- Collection System Operator II (PDF)
- Collection System Operator III (PDF)
- Collection System Operator IV (PDF)
- Customer Service Representative (PDF)
- Customer Service Supervisor (PDF)
- District Manager (PDF)
- Equipment Operator/Foreman (PDF)
- Laboratory Analyst (PDF)
- Laboratory Supervisor (PDF)
- Lead SCADA Specialist (PDF)
- Maintenance Technician (PDF)
- Maintenance Mechanic (PDF)
- Senior Maintenance Mechanic (PDF)
- Maintenance Manager (PDF)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Lead Operator (PDF)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations Manager (PDF)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I (PDF)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II (PDF)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator III (PDF)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator IV (PDF)